“Apollo Tyres shall work towards minimizing the environmental, economic, and social impacts to our business, in a compliant and responsible manner, by adopting sustainable procurement policies and practices.”
Apollo Tyres considers its vendors as long-term business partners and is committed to conducting our business affairs in a fair and ethical manner that promotes open and fair competition in our best interests and those of our business partners.
We shall strive to continuously enhance customer satisfaction by providing cost effective and quality materials on a timely basis, while working together with our supply chain partners on environmental, economic, and social aspects to enable sustainable business practices.
Our Guiding Principles
- Driving through governance, transparency, and accountability.
- Enhanced usage of recycled, reclaimed, and renewable raw materials in its products including encouraging our Partners in increasing the content of the recycled, reclaimed and renewable raw materials in their manufacturing processes.
- Striving towards highest environment, health and safety standard in the Partner’s manufacturing processes and operations and to work towards applicable certifications in their respective industries.
- Integrating international and domestic standards on Human Rights as applicable within the Partner’s operations.
- Ensuring compliance of national and international norms on decent work agenda and protect the rights of workers, local vendors, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Encouraging our ‘One Family’ culture in the raw material supply chain.
- Work on Natural Rubber Sustainability in line with the GPSNR (Global Platform for Sustainable Natural Rubber) guidelines to drive improvements in the social, economic, and environmental performance of the Natural Rubber supply chain.
- Driving continual improvement, in collaboration with the Partners, in the sustainable procurement agenda throughout the raw material supply chain.
Commitments for a Sustainable Future
We want to encourage our suppliers to adopt sustainability into their day-to-day operations by achieving higher operational efficiencies while minimising adverse impacts of operations and conserving the involved resources.
In this direction, we seek commitments from our supply chain by being proactive and innovative in adopting the industry best practices in the following areas:
- Promote usage of non-fossil based fuels in operations
- Use of renewable energy in operations to reduce overall carbon footprint
- Adopt innovative solutions towards sustainable consumption of goods or services by adopting approaches such as Life Cycle Costing (LCC), goods as services systems (use instead of ownership), and circular economy
- Be prudent in usage of water in operations to ensure efficiency and conservation
- Minimise pollution through optimisation of operations and maintenance
- Set and drive goals towards lowering of carbon emissions and achieving energy efficiency
- Minimise generation of waste in manufacturing processes
- Third-party assurance towards adoption of sustainable practices towards responsible business operations
- Involve supply chains in environment conservation
Our goal is to support the circular economy by using sustainable materials in all our tyres, without any loss of functional performance / process issues
6R Developmental Model
Apollo Tyres follows the 6R development model in its raw material sustainability journey
- Re-Place: Sustainable alternatives are used in place of unsustainable raw materials.
- Reduce: Minimise the waste and optimize the consumption of materials
- Re-design: Rebuilding product with extended usage and recyclability
- Recycle/Recovery: Recover material after end of life and recycle
- Reuse: Use of material for the same or different purposes thereby reducing waste
- Reliability: Improve production consistency and performance by optimizing the design